Saturday, August 31, 2013

Day 50 HUMMINGBIRDS and lifesavers Sat Aug 31 ZOE's Blog


HUMMINGBIRDS AND LIFESAVERS
Day 50 Sat Aug 31 Zoe’s Morning Pages

Zoe Zoe where’s Zoe. Everybody’s all chasin me around the past few days tryin to either get me in or get me outta that car. You know what? I am kinda over that car.
A 900 mile car trip is not my idea of a good time. I mean if we was doin serious sight seein that’d be one thing. But we were zoomin down the interstate for two days and now we’re zoomin up and down this narrow little strip of a road carryin  heavy sacks of god knows what. My moms is startin to look like they just spent a month in a coal mine or somethin. And everybody’s makin like these low groanin sounds whenever they bend down to pet me.
Hey is it an effort to show your pup a little affection?
Well...on second thought, maybe it aint all about me...

On a lighter note, somethin good was waftin through the airwaves today, cause the moms was laughin and people was comin up to them laughin and handin over piles of paper and little metal discs all day. Then they was walkin away smilin and chattin up their friends and pointin back at us.

Me now, I was not laughin all day. I took a very very long, moderately uncomfortable nap underneath a table on a shelf. Yeah I sleep on a shelf when they’s workin. They think it’s cute. I think it’s dog abuse myself. There aint no mattress, no flat screen tv, no room service, no chocolates on my pillow...hey there aint no pillow!

But anyways, when we finally got back to the place where we are stayin.
Yes that would be the place at the bottom of a ridiculously steep cliff, and perched in the middle of them 80 foot tall redwoods! We blessed ourselves enough times to ensure a safe landing in the driveway. Then we headed straight for the kitchen. And I got lucky in the kitchen tonight as they obliged me with, yes, another hamburger! They musta brought down a cow or somethin. Hamburgers two days in a row, that’s big progress for  vegans.
So we sat outside on this deck which is hanging out  in the mid air, suspended above this..you-can’t-see-the-bottom-of-it, ravine. They thought they was in heaven. It reminded Mischa of  being on the big orange bridge.  Moi, I took a decidedly dimmer view of the situation. Danglin ain’t exactly my cup o tea, as a matter of fact I hate tea...
But we were all together and Mischa read me a new email from my cousin Pink. Apparently Pink startled a rabbit and a coupla turkeys yesterday. She thinks maybe she needs a dog shrink on accounta not havein any deep dark desire to kill nothin. Personally I think Pinky might be Mother Theresa reincarnate!
Mischa was takin movin pictures of the hummin birds and nuthatches, the big woodpeckers and the morning doves (which by the way, shoulda been sleepin since it was close to nighttime). Them hummin birds was gettin on my last nerve, there musta been 100 of them flyin in and out. They was buzzin our heads! I couldnt hear myself think for all that wing flutterin they was doin. Do you now how fast them wings move?! They may wiegh next to nothin but they sound like 747s. They coulda put our eyes out with them sticks on the end of their noses! I was duck and coverin for an hour until the big fog finally started rollin in off the Spacific. I think  that’s Mischa calls it. Then it started climbin up the walls of that ravine and makin its way toward us. It got real chilly real fast and we ran back inside and locked the door.
You know...that big fog saved my life! And it saved me from bein permanently blinded by them birds! Ya never know what’s gonna come in the door to spare you from the next injustice of life, now do ya? I am gonna have a real different attitude toward them rollin fogs from now on!
And Mischa says fogs are people too! Or was it frogs are people too? Or was is it ‘’dogs are people too?” that she said?
Anyways, the stars is out, and a matress is callin my name. Later

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com


Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or


Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.



Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com




No comments:

Post a Comment