Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Day 33 Wednesday August 14 Service Dog? Waht Service Dog?


Day 33 August 14 Service Dog? What Service, Dog?
Zoe's Mourning Pages


Gday Matey, I say to my self, but I question that...
Mischa says I wake up with joy in my heart every single morning. I admit, it feels good and comes natural, but ya know right after breakfast I sinks into the dumps a little and starts thinkin about things. Like right now I’m thinkin about that guy who yanked my leash yesterday real bad. And ya know what, it wasnt the first time either.
I sees this guy at the gas station and he looks way down at me and is all like ''Your a service dog, eh?" 
''Exactly what service could a little mutt like you be performin?" Then he adds the insult to the injury and, laughs!
‘’Ya know buddy them’s fightin words!’’ I wanna say but I really can’t. If I could I would add,  ‘’Let me just ‘splain a few facts of life to ya. First off, my mom's an artist. That should be explanation enough, but I'll elaborate.
I realize some folks have a big concrete barrier between the outside of their skull and the grey matter that's suppose be figurin things out. Like in your case buddy, are you asleep at the wheel? We dog's never do that ya know, we’re never really sound asleep, we are awake,  even when we’re asleep!  And that is why, this here pup is a prime example of a workin breed, and my work puts me in the service of my mom who has some issues that needs to be watched over by an alert, good natured, handsome, obedient, intelligent, dutiful, in earnest, vigilent pup like me!”
“Just sayin, if ya gonna discuss my ability to perform...better check your own control panel first bub!” Man that sounds mean spirited dont it.  I can lose my temper around know-it-alls that is for sure.
Now where was I... Oh yeah when it comes to needin’ service, seems like artists are pretty much on the top of the list in the needs department. They are sensitive! It’s really true, I can attest to it, I seen them break downs they have and it is not pretty. They shake sometimes, just like I do when someone sticks me on the car deck of the ferry! That’s when I needs service! So that’s my priority service department, we call it breakdown assistance, its kinda like AAA service, Mischa says, but for the nerves.
Anyways I got lists and lists of things I do for my mom which has won me the honor of wearin this here jacket.
Like passenger assistance, is one service I perform.
I make sure whoever is travelin with us has direct access to my entire body. Them bi-peds take great comfort in touchin dogs especially when the dog positions herself in the middle of a lap!
And then there is navigatin, which I do quite a lot of when I am alone with either of my mom’s. I gets the passenger seat all to my self and I keep a good lookout. Mishca has all the latest navigatin technology but she knows I am able to get much more real with my nose, so I am her go-to navigator fur sure.
I get to perform what we call window hopping a lot when we’s in the city. My job is to spring up high enough to check on the lines at my mom’s favorite cafes.
This saves her time and therefore we get to the lunch faster, so this service serves us all.
I also got the visitin duty  which usually involves a car trip to somebody’s house that enjoys our company. And once we’re in there I guard the perimeters. Also I can do some discrete vacuuming, so its like I do double duty on these outings.
I also have been used on many occasions to  do rescue service.  My mom  often she gets lost in the woods. And yes I mean this literally and figuratively. So my nose and keen insticnts extracts her sets her back on the right path.
I don’t want to go on and on cause I could but it is gettin a little tirin on my end, so I will just list this one last service and that is as art and music critic, but I only do this when asked, of course.
Let me tell you something though, it aint just me that does the service. All dogs do service cause all dogs is buddhists, and that’s what we buddhists do. Remember what dog and god have in common!  Them letters is all the same and all lower case to boot. So we are for you.
And we loves locusts pedals too! I just made that up, cause I liked how it sounded.
Mischa says since we are artists we have some sort of special dispensation from god. Then I says, ‘’Hey Mischa, we are god, remember!”
Also in case I’m forgettin, I got to give props to ole B who performed a great service the other day, when  Mischa saw a mother goat being attacked,  I hate to tell ya Pink, she was bein attaked by a renegade pitbull! That ole B made Mischa slam on them brakes, I almost went into the next dimension! B jumps out the car, leaves the door hangin wide open! Then she leaps over the electric fence and grabs a big stick. She goes over to that pitbull, nabs his collar, and pulls him off the goat. The goat runs off all limpin andshe was not in good shape. The goats mom and three little kinds was up on   the hill jumpin and clappin and screamin down thank yous and bowing to B.
The dang pit he starts waggin his tail like nothing happened. I half think he believed the applause was for his performance. Well I will tell you it was NOT. It was for B, who is my hero, and performed a life saving service. So I guess what I’m gettin at here is that we is all in this big service arena together. I hope someone is watchin over us all, cause I sure would like to accumulate a few points for the good works thats gettin done. Points gets biscuits biscuits make for happy pups and happy pups make for better service. One big beautiful circle, aint it!?
Well gotta go, them ladies from nebraska is headin out and I gotta check on the leftover situation! Later.

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com
Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or
Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.
Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com




No comments:

Post a Comment