Monday, August 5, 2013

Day 24 August 5 Zoe's Morning Pages Dog Park and a Few Good Friends

Dog Park and a Few Good Friends

Day 24 August 5 Zoe's Morning Pages

Well Zoe, here we are in a brand new week with a brand new agenda. We're all tired from sellin baubles at the art show under that tent all weekend. That's what we do to pay the rent and put the beans on the table!  Who knew beans were that expensive! 
Anyways I heard the moms talkin about that big field in greenbank aka the dog park... You know I got to admit I have mixed feelins about that place. Number one is the grass is as tall as Mischa so when she runs ahead I can see n a d a. Yes yes I can smell her a mile away, nothing personal Mischa, but I likes to keep one eye glued to the prize, if you know what I mean. Just makes me feel more secure, and yes I do have issues with that, and no I am not afraid to admit it. 
Second, since the grass is so high at least once and often more than once while you're on the walk some big lug of a canine comes boundin through the grass actin like he's in the deep dark jungle and fixin to desiccate some unsuspecting gazelle (which would be me). And that is ...s c a r y ...if I could make the letters jiggle and shake while spellin out that word, I would do that. It's almost s bad as that sound that comes outta the ferry's belly when you're crossin over to Seattle. Dang that's bone rattling! 
That's what that nice Alberta saved me from last weekend, I just remembered! Thanks lady!
And third, on the subject of that greenbank field, there's a lot of uphill time you gotta put in before you get a reprieve and come back down, and it's like a trick, cause since you can't see nothin causa the height of the dang grass, you think ''oh a nice leisurely stroll through a meadow", but then you start into it and next thing you know me and B's breathin real heavy like.  Then we're all jumpin up real high to see if we can figure out how to getta outta the whole mess real quick. Meantime Misch'a totally been swallowed up by the thing. I'm telling you it always looks good on the outside but you get into it and it's underbelly starts revealing itself. There's a lot of stuff like that in this world too isn't there. 
Like sometimes them ladies will pull up to the booth with a nice smile on their face and the moms will have this conversation and everybody laughs and then the lady will hand over some diner money in exchange for colored dots and walk away waving and smilin even bigger than she did when she arrived. But then there is them ladies that pull up and they got a smile on their face too, so you thinks you can trust em, but next thing you know Mischa's goin like ''well what about this color?'' and the lady's up there sayin 'NO!, and then Mischa will go ''OK well what about this color?''. Then the lady will start looking all dour and say ''NO!" So then B will will say "OK well what about this color?'' 'NO NO NO" the lady will say and start workin her snout all twisted and gnarly like. Then this makes the moms start squirming cause they don't know how to please the lady. So it could go on like that for a long time until finally Mischa starts to growl and or hiss a little, not too loud, just enough,, and the lady finally gets the hint... that there is a failure to communicate... and she moves on. You can see it in her body language though, she's feelin quite pleased with herself, having reeked a little havoc in my mom's life.
Cheez, what is that about? And I know down here closer to the earth, all us other species we aint immune from that phenomenon either. We see plenty of pretty packages that turn out to be the devil incarnate. Oh yeah we do!. Like the other day we was in some 'dog park'  in a town called bell view, yes the one without the view of the bell  as mentioned earlier...,So we're in the park and some picture of pure perfection comes trottin over to me actin all sweet and unassumin really. So I open up to her a little and let her sniff around my moustache, then all of a sudden with absolutely no warnin, she rears up like some mean ole un-rid un-wed stallion and scares the daylights outta me. I though she was gonna come down on me with them big sharp paws and make mince meats outta me. So mischa sees her just in time and leans down to her like she was gonna bite her, and the dog backs off and scampers away like nothin happened. Cheez, is all I can say.
I did have a good day at a dog park once though, so I keep an open mind. Maybe today will be like that day. We was in Florida I think and through the grass comes this pekingese, she reminded me of Bean who use to live with us. Bean and I were sort of married I guess you could say. He was not the brightest pup in the pen, but I liked him and he liked me. I used to fetch him by the ear and drag him home for dinner. He didn't have the same penchant for food as me. Ya wouldn't call him no gourmand, fur sure. Anyways, one day a fellow showed up in our living room and petted him for a while until he fell asleep then ole B took him outside and I never saw him again!
So as I was sayin I have met a few pups who suits me and who I suits as well. and a few good friends is all ya really needs anyway, that's what Mischa says, and I think she read that somewhere, and seems like if its written down it picks up some momentum in terms of verifiability...
Ok gotta go, them two's in the car and the engines runnin, that's my cue! See ya later.

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com
Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or
Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.
Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com


No comments:

Post a Comment