Saturday, August 10, 2013

Day 30 Aug 11 pointin the finger


Pointin the Finger
AUGUST 11 DAY 30 ZOE’S MORNING PAGES

Well alls well that ends well. However, as soon as you get to the good ending  whatever wasnt going so good rolls back in like a big fog. That’s not unlike the one that comes acrosst the sound. Mischa got stuck in that fog at the beach the other day. When she left here it was all sunny and warm, then she gets down to the beach, which is within spittin distance, and it’s like she’s in heaven, except she wasn’t, cause she was freezin!

Anyways the good news is Mischa did open that door last night and she got down on her knees, practically on her belly really and started rubbin me all over and bathing me in love! So whatever it was that had fallen between us somehow evaporated in the time between the airlift and her bedtime. I can’t remember really what it was. Mischa says this tendancy runs in our side of the family. Somthin big happens and emotions fly all over the house then in about an hour somebody, like B maybe, taps you on the shoulder and says, ‘’now lets talk about that’’, and we’re like, ‘’about what?’’  Not cause we’re tryin to be smart alexes. It’s  just cause a our jeans, we simply do not remember. We are on to the next thing, and in a good mood too to boot! This makes certain people crazy, I can sorta see why it would.

So Mischa puts me up in the bed with her for the whole night! And it was a good thing too cause one of them lightening thunder storms came rushin through, without any advanced notice, I might add. Took us all by surprise. So I just got real down deep into the covers so as nothing could find me till it was all done rattlin and boomin. Mischa’s mom said ole god was movin his furnishings around when it thundered like that and I said ‘’ Yikes what’s he got up there for furnishings, giant bowlin alleys?  That’s a lot of racket for one ole guy to make!”
Then this morning, first thing, me and B look out the window and what’s in the yard, except them dang chickens again! They was runnin all over the place flappin and peckin and squakin.
B says  ‘’we got new chickens?’’ 
Mischa says ‘’yeah, aint they cute?’’
And then B says ‘’I thought we weren’t going have no more chickens for a while.”
And Mischa she just smiles and eats her cereal and drinks the coffee and stares out the window at the birds like they is all her sweet little babies.
If I could weigh in here I think B was askin for both of us cause, I don’t like them chickens one bit. There was one who was friendly but that was it!  They’d see me comin and they’d start plottin against me. They’d peck round my toes, or even my tail!  That big rooster he use ta come at you like he was a bull or something, I guess he didn’t have no mirror in that hen house. He wasnt no fun  for anybody, especially them hens!
Then B’s eyes narrow a bit, I wouldnt say it was her most ferocious look, but it was headin in that direction.
‘’Mischa who is goin take care of those chickens when we we’re away?”
And then ole Mischa lays her cards down on the table.
She tells B ‘’don’t worry...they’re just on loan for a week or two.”  “I didn’t mean to scare guys. I didn’t realize how you felt.”
And this is when me and B gets right on top of it and tells Mischa how we kept it all inside all them years she had them chickens in the yard. Caus a how much she loved them ole chickens. and trained them all to do tricks, we never let on that we did not fancy them hens. Then Mischa looks all amazed, stuck somewhere between delighted and worried. Finally the thick air in the room starts thinnin out and Mischa jumps up and makes everbody a piece of toast with peanut butter on it, a big bowl of fruit all colorful and shiny and I think she even snuck a goat cheese on the plate, vegan or no vegan.
Then B says ‘’huzzahh!”  half on account a the pretty food and half on account a we could all breathe easy again.
One more thing, though. Me and Mischa saw somethin amazin today when we was runnin. A little teeny weeny chipmonk, with one of them racing stripes down her back was playin possum in the middle of the trail!
And Mischa puts her hand out to stop me in my tracks, cause I wasn’t really lookin ahead. I had my nose on a real  spicy line of conversation two ole dogs left behind.
And then I sees what Mischa sees, this little chippie’s holdin somethin in her snout!. And we’re all, ‘’don’t them chipmonks eat nuts and berries?” Then we looks closer and sees she’s got one a her babies in her mouth!
When we came home B said, maybe she was movin her nest around, like spring cleanin sort of, without the vacuum, I would hope! Anyways she finally realized we weren’t eatin her for protein, even though we coulda... and she darted back into the woods with that baby dangling from her proboscis!  That’s my new
w o r d  for the day. And speakin of days....
Gooday to ya Jack (that’s one a my nicknames!)

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com
Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or
Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.
Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com


No comments:

Post a Comment