Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 47 Wed Aug 28 BIKE RIDE



BIKE RIDE
Day 47 Wed Aug 28 Zoe’s Morning Pages

HERE WE GO! Nothing like a nice bike ride on a sunny afternoon. Well partly sunny, anyway. Them two little people from next door came over and we jumped on our bikes and went gardening at Maggie’s farm. Mischa and the little people’s mom walked behind us. Really they were a kinda a drag on accounta every few minutes they were shoutin out some kinda directive. “Mest, keep your eye on the road!; Kal watch out for the sticker bushes!; Zoe hold on to the handlebars Zoe!” It did sorta take the edge of the fun, or throw the fun over the edge or something like that. But we managed to eek a bit of pleasure outta the excursion.
I could hear them two moms talkin behind us the whole time we was in the garden, and there was an edge on that conversation fur sure! One of them said they was anxious and then the other one said they was too. Next thing I know I look up and both of them has got them wavy lines squigglin acrosst their foreheads! Also there was water in little puddles sittin up above their lips! Yeah, they was anxious and I know about what! They is both afraid to die! What a surprise! But wasnt it them two that was talkin about bein infinite just the other day?
I says to Mischa “ya can’t be infinite and die, too!” She knows I have a point, but she says it’s the thing that humans struggle with and it’s the reason they get dogs into their lives in the first place!  So all good there, I guess. Is she sayin that I am in her life so as she will stop believin in something that aint true in the first place?
Cheez pizza them people thinks too much dont they?
Anyways she says dogs is pure joy, and the little people’s mom says little people is pure joy and I say my moms is pure joy. So that seems like another one of them tight little circles. And aint circles infinite?
I gotta tell Mischa, really, she aint gonna die.

Oh yeah, get this, the best thing in the world happened yesterday, even though it was suppose to happen Monday if the mailperson hadn’t been a chicken, that’s what Mischa said. We got cookies, from aunt Dana, the Redhead and ofcourse my cousin Pink! And they are from Crete! All nice and brown with little sesame seeds sprinkled all over em. My god they are good. We usually only gets them when we are on the other side of the continent! Mischa and I had to go retrieve em at the post office! We aint really the retrievin types, but we did it. We had this little piece of paper in our mailbox that said the package could not be delivered to our house on accounta a ‘loose dog’. Loose dog? Watch it lady, who you callin loose? And Mischa was all up in armies about it. She kept showin the note to people all day and throwin her hands up in the air. Then she would point to me and say “They’re afraid of Zoe? Zoe, they’re afraid of Zoe? come on people!” She said it so many times I started to get kinda irritated. Like hey mom, I can be a force to be reckoned with when necessary. I mean that is part of my job description, is it not? And is she sayin, I don’t do my job well?  Is she suggestin I is ineffectual? Hummph, that gets me a little hot under the collar! I could take that as an insult. 
But on second and third thought, I think I will consider it a compliment. Maybe she just sees me as being above all that human drama. Maybe she sees me as the enlightened creature that I truly am, the big OM maker, the one-with-the-universe dog, the peacemaker, the one who walks in ghandi’s footsteps, the answer to her anxious ruminations.  Yeah, I think it’s more like that.
Ya know, all that processing, got me hungry, so gotta run. Later.

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com


Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or


Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.




Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com



No comments:

Post a Comment