Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Day 25 Aug 6 The Miracle At The Oasis


Beachwalk or The Miracle In the Oasis

Day 25 August 6 Zoe's Morning Pages

Egad, I guess it’s a good thing…I mean at first I wasn’t exactly sure because they said we was goin to the green bank but at the last minute, Mischa changed her mind. B says Mischa can change her mind at the last minute like 10 or 20 times, without any warnin what so ever! Yesterday B said  ‘’it’s terrible frustrating, Mischa!’’ I guess cause we were in two separate cars, somehow it made it all worse. And Mischa jams on the brake and comes to an abrupt halt in the middle of the road for like what B thought was a really really really long time. Apparently Mischa didn’t see it that way cause she just kept right on doin it, being stopped that is. Also she pulled out her little rectangle and started typin on it. Anyways B got so hot about it she starts honkin on her horn….honk honk honk honk honk. Mischa’s nerves was frazzling, at least I thought I heard her say something like that. And of course Mischa starts growling and peers  into the side-view mirror. Then ole B pulls her car right into the oncoming lane! This made Mischa real nervy, and me too, we was afraid some day-dreamin clown would  round the corner in a jacked up ford and barrel right into her. Mischa and I picture a lot of things like that, its an example of synchronicity I think. Then I accidentally put my right paw on the button that makes air rush in the car, and B’s head pops in the window. Now the three of us is eye to eye to eye to eye to…you get the visual I’m sure…And B says “WHAT IS GOIN’ ON?’’ And Mischa looks up at her like she’s crazy or something and puts this incredulous sounding tone in her voice and says ‘’IT’S HIGH TIED…LET’S GO TO THE BEACH!’’ And I’m thinking ‘’high tied? I hope she aint referring to that rope she attaches to my neck from time to time, cause she ties that up high at the bailey’s corner store so as to keep me from vacuuming too many hot dogs…’’ But then I put two and two together, and realize she’s headin for Maxwelton Beach…
So I think Oy, the beach! Well ok, I’ll go…they know I don’t fancy water too much.. but as I mentioned earlier there are infinite possibilities at the beach especially in the olfactory department. So the good news about the beach yesterday was the tide, not the tied, it was out, and I mean way out. It was practically in Japan, in fact I could see Japan from the water’s edge. I think I saw Sara Palin standin there too, wavin a little flag and pointing to the tiny island  way way off in the distance. I listened real hard  cause I saw everybody standin there turnin their heads back and forth and lookin at the sky...i thought i heard some chopsticks...mapybe pickin up a nice california rool or something, and some bells and then a drummin sound. i told Mischa and she thought I probably was listening in to Japan, I hope that Snowden guy dont find out! So anyways when the tide is out that far, the beach goes on forever and there are all these pools of water, Mischa calls em oasis, I call them belly-wetters. And I do not like a wet belly, but yesterday I had a sandy, fishy, crab-infested, flea-ridden wet belly the whole dang time we was out there, cause every where you looked there was another one of them puddles and the two mom’s kept being on different sides of them puddles, and me having that latent herdin jean, I had to go through the water, over and over and over again. I did it so many times, it started to become  like a new habit, and then something amazing happened…I got to admit it….I  started to sorta like it….I think this is an example of evolution!. I mean I been kavetchin about water all my likfe, and I am fifteen years old!
So all of a sudden I am standing there on the beach yesterday, my belly’s soaking wet…and I am grumbling about it to myself, and then it occurs to me…it actually feels good! And then I thought about it a little more and I says to myself ‘’and it actually felt good runnin in and outta them puddles too!’’  I guess that’s why Mischa calls them oasis! I think perhaps I have been in a miracle, or I am a miracle, or life is a miracle, or I discovered that there’s little miracles all around that can sneak right up on ya….I gotta keep my eyes open this could be the beginning of a very good chapter in my life.
Hey I gotta run, all that sun and sand is tiring! I need a nice siesta. Later.

Oh hold up, man, them ladies all came over last night, and Jazz came to, in his sling. Mischa said she thinks Jazzy is a girl dog. I can’t tell cause I can never get a good look down under. Anyways I can’t talk no more right now, but boy did I get an earfull last night. Mums the word on spillin the beans, but just sayin them ladies can talk. I thought my right ear was getting a little loose at one point, coulda lost it you know. I had to bow out every so often to keep my bearins. I needed to get that out…Seems like all us who is invited to the meetin is supposed to talk until ya get whatever is stuck insidea ya up and laid out on the table. Mischa got hers out and set it down right next to the olives and the anchovies. Two of our favorite delicacies!  Ok bye for now, Zoe, Roger Zoe….

No comments:

Post a Comment