Sunday, September 1, 2013

Day 51 Sun Sept 1 THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD



THE WEIGHT OF THE WORLD
Day 51 Sun Sept 1 Zoe’s Morning Pages

Good Morning my self!. This is gonna be a good one today! It is nice and warm outside and it’s only 5 o’clock in the morning. Mischa thinks my dog suit comes with a broken watch! She’s always sayin “check you watch Zoe, it’s runnin fast!” I’m always a little antsy when it gets close to eatin time, and I start nudgin everybody toward the kitchen. That’s what gives her the idea about my watch. But my watch works...I just try and push the boundaries to see if I can get lucky. Hey, don’t everybody do it!
I see them ones who try and push Mischa on the price of them metal things she’s got in the boxes. It gets the little hairs up on the back of her neck. But there’s always one person everytime we’re out there sellin stuff, who’s gotta try. Seems like it might be a dark part  of nature’s belly or something. Like yesterday this lady with a real thick accent from somewhere in Europe says “hey is there a discount for buyin two!” And we’re all, “No, mam there is not.”  And then she picks up this card we have on the table that clearly says “5% discount!”  and hands it to us. And we are like, lady see the next sentence...it says ‘for repeat customers only’, in real big bold print?  “Yes”  she says “I was here earlier and came back, so I am repeat.” She puffs all up with some kind a pride in this logic (or lack there of). Now her husband is real tall and lanky and he is kinda curlin up from the head down, into himself, like he is tryin to pretend he aint really there. It’s like he wants to crawl back into some kinda invisible shell. Mischa says, “ no no discount, it’s reserved for our regular customers, see it is right here on the  card...”  So then the lady looks at all of us and says “ Oh come on, you can do it!” And now the ground under my feets is startin to broil on accounta Mischa’s so red hot mad at this lady for being so rude. I thought there was gonna be an earthquake or something cause I sorta felt things shakin and rattlin.
“No, can’t do it.” We all said it at once like we was a greek chorus or something like that. And we folded our arms and started packin up. Now she’s lookin at these items she is wantin to own, and says “You would rather lose a sale than give me a discount?” she says with great incredulity in the her voice.  We all just raise our eyebrows, smile a little smile and shake our heads, in unison!  She musta thought we was worth it, cause finally she just broke down and handed over the right amount of papers, and off she went with her objects of desire. Then she looked back at us as she was walkin away and adds, “you win.”
So I says to Mischa see it’s a game, like the one I play with my watch and eatin time.
And Mischa says, she hates the game. And I say, “you don’t hate me do ya?” “Zoe I could never do anything but love you like crazy, even when your underbelly shows up.” “And when you play the game, you’re hungry for food, that lady was hungry for something else all together different.”  “Yeah” I agree “I ain’t that coniving, just have a deep love of all things edible. And love is good in all its forms, no?”
But that’s not really what I wanted to talk about today. I was thinkin about how I hate drivin long distances and Mischa was tryin to tell me about the pleasure of drivin the long distances. Like there was two ways to look at it. She says on the long drives you can take all your cares and woes and toss em out the window. It’s not like litterin exactly cause they get all dispersed and disappear so no one gets hurt, but you get releived of the weight of the world which you was carrying around on your back all week for some unknown reason. And I say, “OH?” Then I say “Oh yes, of course!” I don’t want her to think I don’t follow her, but I really didn’t get it right off. Then I woke up this mornin and it was like one of them EUREKAs!
I can’t wait now for the ride home. I’m gonna try and throw some a my baggage out the window too. It’s accumulatin!

Hey, gotta run. The coyotes are sleepin and its time for us to set fire to some of them calories we shoveled in yesterday. Later.


http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com


Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or


Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.


Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment