Monday, August 12, 2013

Day 31 Monday Agust 12 Zoe Ate My Homework!


Orderly Squawking
and Zoe Ate My Homework!

Monday August 12 Day 31 Zoe’s Morning Pages

Sunday was something! I went for a run and ran right into that white poodle who comes to the house. That was asurprise and a shock first thing in the morning.
She was minding her manners in the forest though, I got to hand it to her. Not one snip! We both just had a quick whiff and got on with our herding duties.

Mischa was happy to  meet her friend cause she was bored with the running thing, and she had decided we was goin for a real long run this morning, but meetin the friend slowed us down and the plan got its tail cut off it or somethin like that.  Maybe the plan got its tail curled. I cant remember. Anyways we was headed to the county fairgrounds afterwards, on accounta we signed up to do our community service for the year. I dont think we commited any crimes, but I’m not sure. I think we signed up out the goodness of our hearts.
Mischa got a great job, she said. She got to hang all the kids artwork on one side of the room. Mischa loves kids’ artwork (for the most part).  Anyway the room was packed with people carrying and calling out and hammering and climbing up on ladders. It was exciting, and I got a lot of attention, several pets, and a few treats that was mysteriously lodged in some man’s coat pocket. Cause he acted all surprised when he yanked it outta there.
Some lady brought in a dog they called a granddeatpuppy who was the size of new jersey! Egad, 8 months they said she was, and goin on 120 pounds. She tried sniffin me but I kept a dachshund’s length between us just for good measure.
I was real hungry when I first got in there on accounta all that exercise we had. So I was checkin the perimeter for whatever, and all of a sudden I found my self right next to Mischa, who had her full focus on them kids’ drawings. And there was this real low shelf there, and on the shelf was some thing that looked like a butterfly except it was in real bright colors and it smelled tasty. So I real quietly and tenderly removed it from the shelf in order to get a better nose on it. I couldn’t resist it, it tasted like bread dough, and I loves bread dough. Then all of a sudden I hear Mischa gasping right over my head. She leans down and swipes the thing right out from under me! ‘’Zoe” she starts hissin ‘’what’s the matter with you? That’s some kid’s art project your eating!”
I thought she was goin get real mad and growl, but I think there was so many strangers in the room, I got spared this time. Some lady ran over to see what was going on and Mischa started to spill the beans, and the lady started to get miffed, but then Mischa started side-steppin the issue while tap dancing, and somehow it all got swept under the counter.

Anyways her friend Hazel was there and they were actually laughin about the butterfly after a while. Then they satred talkin about them geese again. I think  we’ll never hear the end of the geese thing. But Hazel thought it was pretty cool and she never was underneath no migratin V-formation herself. So she was askin all kinds of questions about the flappin wing sounds. And me and Mischa was  providin her with as much detail as we could. Ya know Hazel’s a writer! So when she starts askin questions... look out, its gonna be a long day! 
Well nothing much else to report today, vini vidi vitchi, or something like that. Mischa says the romans ( who stole all the cultures from the greeks, who was the original tribe, and then couldnt make no more yogurt) use that expression a lot, cuase they was the conquerin sort. It means: I came I saw I conquered. And for me, that sums up my unbelievably fortuitous find at the county fair!
Gotta run, I think Mischa’s gonna practice that sax inside. I gotta go find a nice hedge to crawl under. Later.


MISCHA   +  Z  O  E

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com
Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or
Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.
Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment