Sunday, August 25, 2013

Day 44 Sun Aug 25 ENTREE DES ARTISTES


ENTREE DES ARTISTES
Day 44 Sun Aug 25 Zoe’s Morning Pages

Lucky lucky lucky. That’s what my bracelet says. And that there is the truth! Today was open studio at the hacienda, and that means, visitors. I had a chihuahua-pug mix named maggie, a terrier named buffy, shoe’s bull dog, rufus, a couple a real swell labs (unfortunately they never did get set free). They seemed like a pair of good natured pups though, and I ended up with extra biscuits I think on accounta them bein trapped in the truck. We had a rainbow gathering today, everybody’s colors was flyin! So the big issue became how to take advantage of my good fortune. Because where there’s dogs, there’s edible bounty lurking in the pockets and purses of their people companions. And that can be shared with pups like me!
I mean, don’t get me wrong, I like other dogs ok, but I am not enamored by em. I like their parents better.
The dogs are always intent on establishin their turf.
And ya know when they do it at your own house it’s
un-noiving a little. I mean a few sniffs and quick watering of a few blades of grass is one thing. But most a them animals is obsessed with checking the perimeter and that involves a lot of notations all over the place! After they leave I got to run all around and do some quick editing so as no passer-by ever gets the wrong idea about who lives here.
And then too a lot a dogs get in the studio and they’re all, “yes I am adorable aren’t I, go ahead look at me, and yes you can ignore that lurking minor black and white and brown mutt who lives here, FOCUS people focus!”
And that is tres ennuyeux!
Hey did you ever notice how people get real french when they is talkin about art. You can just pixture them all in them fluffy white smocks with black berets enjoying those clipped cigarettes. I find it amusin. Mischa has a sign on her studios says “entree des artistes!”  You can hear edith piaff in your head and the clatter of wine glasses as you cross the threshold. It’s weird, but also sorta cool... I guess. Good news was there weren’t any accompanying poodles yesterday, that would brought the whole french thing full circle now wouldn’ta it?
Anyway gettin back to me bein lucky lucky lucky, which by the way is engraved on the bracelets that me and Mischa wears. They are made outta rubber so they double as a tire if you get in a jam and gotta move fast. And they are orange, our favorite color. Our friend carolyn k. from pixburgh sent em to us. Haven’t taken them off since they popped outta the envelope. Lucky, yes because I was clever enough to invent a diversionary tactic in the front of the building, so as to increase my chances of biscuits. I made like a toll booth for them pups. I had a little red cup and I made it perfectly clear that them there donations was more than welcome. I don’t know if I mentioned my cousin guido when I was convincin them to donate, but I mighta. All went exactly as planned. All them dogs found me an extra treat or in some cases two! And into the red cup they went. It was like makin an offerin in that basket at the church.
All was going so well all afternoon, until finally ole Mischa came out for some air, and once again, yes enflagrante delecto, caught in the act! She was not too pleased. “I’m a busker!” I told her, thinkin maybe she would appreciate my entrepreneurial side. “Busker!” she said “you’re not offerin anything in return!”
“It is not right, Zoe, that’s more like bilking not busking, you gotta get your dictionary back out and review!” “And further more it’s just not nice, honey!”
So I have to try an put my little tiny remnant of tail between my legs, bow my head and go do some kinda penance. Which I do, but not before stashin that pile of biscuits. And what to you know, one a them dogs, in less than five minutes is over there diggin up my stash. Cheez whiz people, ain’t there no justice in the world?
Despite the slight transgression on my part, I was, in the end forgiven and the long and short of it is: we all had our fun and  went home and slept like puppies.

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com
Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or
Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.
Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com


No comments:

Post a Comment