Friday, August 30, 2013

day 49 THERE SHE IS! fri aug 30 Zoe's morning pages



THERE SHE IS...!
Day 49 Fri Aug 30 Zoe’s Morning Page

“There she is!” that’s what Mischa says every time we approach that collection of orange I-beams that has themselves suspendered over the San Francisco Bay. She just thinks the sun rises and sets on that contraptions head. How a person can fall in love with a big hunk of metal...I don’t get it.  She says things like ‘’Oh that orange against the blue water!” or “Gateway to the jewel-city!” or “Life’s a bridge, Zoe, and this ones mine!” I sit back against her and sigh. I cannot make heads or tails outta her sometime.
Today we drove another 500 miles, that’s my limit. I told em “people one more mile and its hairy carey for me! If you really love me you will stop this car now!”
And it was like the seas parted and the clouds did too and a bolt of lightening struck the earth and the car came to a halt and we all got out! I made a miracle! I was operatin all these years under the terrible mis conception that I was a dog but I could have spelled that wrong! What should I do for an encore?

Well it’s been a year since we been across that orange phenomena and it seems like people use it mostly like a parking lot. Ya crawl along for miles and then pop thru this little tunnel and Mischa’s love interest looms over you like a giant neon insect.
There’s always about ten thousand cars on it and about 5000 pedestrians hanging over the railings. The whole thing makes me queezy! But there was a payoff, on the other side. Mischa is right the city is like a jewel, and do they love my kind there or what?
There’s dog bowls outside every shop and a lot them has biscuits too, just sittin out there for the takin! Them’s generous folks in this city. And they got all their buildings painted all bright colors like they is havin a big lit-up Christmas party all the time. There’s tons a sailboats floatin around and flowers everywhere, really steep scary hills with trolleys attached to em, bells clanging, fog horns tootin, and every kind a creature imaginable walkin them streets.
I could cozy up to this town, no problem, Mischa could too!
Anyways when we gets to where we were goin, which I had no idea where it was til we got there...and boy I had forgotten about my acrophobia, (yes greek word...in case Mishca forgot to mention it). We climbed some mountain for like a half hour and that big blue body of water kept gettin bigger and bigger. Then them redwood trees started fillin in until it was like nightime all a sudden. Then we turns right and goes down a hill I tell ya it was at a 90- degree angle to the rest of the planet! Straight down we go. Me and Mischa’s stomachs was doin all kinds of gymnastics. (I won’t mention the origin of that one...just sayin, though). I even made the sign of the cross a few times, Mischa always does it three times, I guess its for good measure! I just did it once, tryin to be optimistic! Like I was hopin I didnt really need a divine intervention, even though I was thinkin maybe I did. Ya know I dont really think ya can fool god like that, but sometimes I try...
Anyways we are all settled in now, and you will not guess what I had for dinner. I could not beleive my nose or my eyes or my tongue or my teeth or nothin! I got a hamburger!  From my mothers. They musta stopped at the store when I was nappin, I did not see that one comin, but ladies let me tell you, I bow to you! Just like that nice lady did to me in the sushi bar yesterday, bow and bow again.
What else can you do when someone surprises you with your hearts desire!
Hey, I think I'm due an after dinner morsel. Later

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com


Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or


Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.

Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com





No comments:

Post a Comment