Friday, August 9, 2013

Day 28 Cuttin In or The Awakening



CUTTIN IN
AUGUST 9 DAY 28 ZOE’S MORNING PAGES
or The Awakening

It were a seafarin day for this old salt. That’s what ya say when ya take the ferry acrosst to the other shore! I think yer suppose to grow a beard too, but I’m over that part. I do like the boots and the hat Mischa let’s me wear sometimes when we make the crossing. She knows it still scares me a little, that belly roarin thing it does. So it’s my consolation prize. Really it’s not so bad on the top deck, but if I play into it, she pulls out the chest-full of dress-up costumes and let’s me have my way with em. Some days we play greek priest and baptize something like a fake bunny. Some days we play school teacher, I’m usually the student but occasionally I get to wear glasses and be the teacher. Today we played pirates and I got a sword, but I had to put it away when the dog- sniffin policeman came by. Mischa said she dint want to raise no suspicions cause she couldnt remember what state her licenses was in, or something like that. Plus she said ‘’ya never know if there’s contraband in the car!’’  I have no idea what she meant by that, but I know we use ta have a couplea cats...
Mischa got up with the sun this mornin so we hate our breakfasts while dawn was still tyrin to remember her name. I loves gettin an early start on breakfast, this insures and extra biscuit or two throughout the day. And I already knew we were going to get to at least one of them windows where the lady’s head pops out and a tasty morsel is slung my way.
We didnt go for no forest walk though we just took a jog down the road. So that had its usual drawbacks cause I’m too old to be out there at 6AM jogging like a young pup. And Mischa is too but she is reluctant to admit it, so I get a little drug around. She dont see it that way though she thinks I’m holdn her back. I feel like I’m puttin the whole running thing in perspective for her, so as she dont git hurt. Whatever, she took me and we went and she burned 200 calories and I did too, which makes room for a lot o tasty treats. PS we have an iphone and it keeps track of everything, does all the calculations too! And that’s a good thing since neither of us is too good at artithmatic, especially me.
When we got home Mischa took one of them baths where you stand up and let the water hit you in the muzzle. Why they like that I will never understand....
So then we all rush around in a few concentric circles tryin to locate phones and keys and my service dog jacket so we can get into the car and get to the ferry so we can get to our destination, which was a dark tunnel under a tall building! And where, I Zoe Haughton Tsouris was left unattended for one hour, IN THE DARK!
Lifs is one big roller coaster when you’re not in control and when you dont know exactly where you’re goin at any given minute. I told Mischa this and she said ‘’Zoemou ‘’(that’s my Zoe, in greek in case whoever reads this may have forgotten, course no one’s supposed to read this so, nevermind). ‘’ Zoemou’’ she says to me. ‘’Life is a roller coaster and no one is in control and no one ever knows exactly where they’re headed at any given minute, this is just how it is!’’ And I looks up at her with the incredulous-look puppy eyes that I can get on if needs be and say, ‘’Are you kiddin me? No one’s in control? That’s anxiety provokin! No wonder everybody’s in a snit all the time, we’re all SCARED!’’  I guess we gotta figure out some way to let this spooky little fact of life, be not so spooky, don’t we.

Anyways I got an excessive amount of pets when they got back into the car. They kept tappin each other on ther shoulder so as I got passed between em over and over. Mischa kept sayin  ‘’excuse me, may I cut in?’’ One was more gushy than the next, I was soakin it up. Then B let me sit on her lap and look out the window! I did it until we got on the road where everybody has to go 100 miles an hour for some reason. That’s when I gotta put my head back in so as it don’t get blown off down the highway, which is what Mischa says will happen if I keep it out there too long. So we hustled ourselves back home.
Now here’s a cool thing! While we was waitin on that ferry, Mischa goes out and catches a halibut, fries it up and also somehow got her hands on potatoes and a few clams too!  Wow I didn’t know vegans ate fishes, it musta been a vegan holiday. It sure was another lucky day for me.

Speakin of luck though, and control and knowin what’s headin your way n all...my cousin Nick called and he aint gettin his share of the luck this week. He had to go to the doctor and the doctor had to deliver to him and to his mom, (which is my mom’s sister) some bad news. Nobody went into any details with me, but I could hear em on the phone and Mischa’s sniffer was twistin one way and then another. Then water was squirtin out her cheeks, cause one drop fell right in my eye! Man Nicko I hope this whole thing blows over cause this is a lot of e-motion comin outta everyone on account of you and that doctor visit.
So as far as I’m concerned all this has come as a big shock to me. In fact I gotta say this is a kind a  wake up moment for me. I thought somebody was in control of all this, and I thought, at least Mischa, mighta known what was comin round any given corner, so as we all had a heads up. But I comes to find out , no, it aint like that, and now my cousin’s got a big dose of it right in front of him. Unpredictable, outta control roller coaster.
This is my current working definition of  life. I hope to be able to revise this upward to a more positive light. But I got a lot to learn before I do.
Gotta go, them geese is migratin and everybody’s outside pointing up. Mischa’s got her hands cupped around her ears so she can hear em flappin, I like that sound too, better go get some. Later.

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com
Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or
Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.
Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com



2 comments:

  1. Nice one, even though I wasn't suppose to be reading this. (Smiling)

    ReplyDelete
  2. zoe sends her kindest regards for your eyes

    ReplyDelete