Friday, October 18, 2013

Day 99 Sat Oct 19 Zoe Can't Stop Talkin MISSISSPPI




Day 99 Sat Oct 19 Zoe Can’t Stop Talkin
M I S S I S S I P P I
Mischa says mississippi is my favorite state on accounta you can say it by spellin it out letter by letter, and the rhythm is way cool. Really I never been here before, but I will say I like it quite a bit. The southerners is mighty friendly and they eat a lot and often. Also it seems like despite all the white peoples best efforts, it’s the black people who is responsible for makin the state so remarkable. They’s the ones who spoke up for their rights; emerged from slavery;  invented the blues;  gave birth to jazz and who serve up the finest boiled greens and pork ribs this side a this  m i s s i s s i p p i.
Mischa says the catfish they cook up here in the south aint so bad either!

Speakin a cookin. That ole river can make ya dizzy with all its twists and turns. It pretends its a snake and wiggles its way down to the gulf of mexico, not new mexico...mind you. Out the drivers window it was lookin all warm and day glow full spectrum, but out the passenger window, it was all cool and twenty shades a grey. I asked Mischa why  it looked so radical different out the two windas. She said it was because the one window was for painters only and the other one was for the faint of heart. I dint really understand one word a that, but she kept on with that line of reasonin. She said  things look different dependin upon your frame a mind. And so if I adjusted my attitude I would see things way different. And so I experimented with her idea for a while. I closed my eyes real tight and spun my self around so I dint know which window I would be lookin outta when I opened my eyes back up. And she was right! The window that used ta have the black and white mississippi in it, now had the colorful one it in, and vice versa!

                                      
Hey, we’re in the hotel room now and its especially nice one. We ate to our hearts content and now the girls is watchin the baseball game. Really aunt dana’s watchin it and mischa’s in the rectangle. I was just sittin there on the nice bed mindin my own dreamin business when I heard this weird noise. I started barkin like a crazy person, or at least that’s what mischa said...Dana said I was havein sundown syndrome. That’s when old people gets nuts when the sun sets. Mischa took offense to that on accounta she dont think I am old. And she dont think I’m crazy either, just a little barky when I get startled.

She also said that ole dana gets barky a lot herself...she barks over republicans and the cost of education, frackin and sequesters, deregulatin the banks, men’s egos and war wage-in. I heard her also bark once or twice when the half and half was soy creamer, and also when the butter was margarine....But hey, we all got our little weaknesses dont we?

Speakin a weaknesses. I got a bad cravin for a piece a cheese. So....Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment