Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Day 95 THE BOSQUE



Day 95 Tues Oct 15 Zoe Can’t Stop Talkin
THE BOSQUE, trees by the river

Hello Zoe, self, revisited, noted and accounted for this morning hello. Did we have a little are and are yesterday, yes we did.  I guess that’s why they call B and B’s b and bs, cause you go there and you are. Or somethin like that.
We went down to the river rio grande, to the bosque.  Mischa says it sounds out like boss-kay. That’s where all them birds come and go who needs water. Why? Cause aside from the bosque there aint no water here in the new mexico.
Dry is not sufficient to describe the lack of moisture in this climate. My eyes are so scratchy here I had to dip my head in the bathtub yesterday to lubricate em. I ain’t big on water, but I been doggin every source of it I can find.
At the bosque we saw a pair a white pelicans who  look like they had been in a west side story reenactment. They was recuperatin on a log.  There were geese and turtles by the dozens.  But the ranger said them little red racer turtles have to reproduce like rabbits in order to survive out here. She says them snappin turtles likes to make short order of em. I think she means they cook em up with hash browns and serve em over easy to each other. Or something like that. She also said them little turtles is hors d’oeurves for the coyotes and racoons.
And she said them wood ducks would gobble up them racers too. Then all of a sudden one a them wood ducks grabbed a girl duck and had his way with her. Egad she just about drown in the process! It was then that the ranger held her head in both her paws and shouted out real manic like “I HATE THE FOOD CHAIN!”
Ole b shook her head real hard in agreement and a pall fell acrosst the whole park. It dint last long though. A flock of sand hill cranes came swooping down over us. They were gorgeous. Everybody was all wide eyed and pointin em out to each other.
The ranger says they were just startin their migration.
I wasnt sure if she meant all the pointin people or the cranes cause none a them was native to the boss kay.
I know me and Mischa was migratin, and right after all them cranes calmed down, we continued doin it.

This morning, me and b and Mischa is gonna get aunt dana from the air port. Hopefully the air that comes in today through the port, has some extra water in it, cause I am parched to the bone. My dog suit is startin to flake off! Anyways we is excited to see dana and I for one, know, there is chicken morsels in my future.

So without further ado.....Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment