Wednesday, October 30, 2013

day 111 beach blankie babylonis oct 31 zoe cant stop talkin



Day 111 Thur Oct 31 Zoe Can’t Stop Talkin
BEACH BLANKET BABYLONIS

Well now dint we land back in greektown again today. The girls said they needed to brush up on their glossas.
I’m like “your whats?” “Our tongues” they said and mischa stuck hers out a little then she thought better of it. She said “that’s an insulting gesture zoe, please forget I did that.”
“OK, but why to you want to go to tarpon to brush your tongues?”
Mischa just shook her head and smiled “language zoe our language!” She said this like it was self explanatory but it wasnt.
“You are going there so you can brush your language, is that even possible?”
“Never mind honey,” and with that she ushered me straight out the door, I got swooped up by unknown arms and deposited in the back seat.
En route we stopped at a bakery and got imported cookies, olive oil and red caviar. 

There was little cliques of old men with big moustaches hangin outside the bakery(which doubled as a cafe). Some a them had fishermens caps on and one a them had an octopus in a plastic sack. I thought mischa was gonna toss the cookies we just bought. 
She hurried past the guy and she was holdin on to her tongue. I don’t think that had nothin to do with brushin her tongue, but I could be wrong about that.

We all went to the beach together on accounta the good cloud cover and the palm trees made it a pleasure for a dog to be included. It was tres tropical there and I took a long nap and so did mischa. I dreamed I saw a lady all dressed in black and she was swinging something from a chain. As she got closer I saw that she was swinging the old guy who earlier had the (unmentionable octo-pod) except now the guy was in the small plastic sack. His hands was up against the side of the sack and he was mouthin something but I couldnt make it out on  accounta the lady had a fierce grip on the that bag. Then they got closer and I see the bag’s filled with water and the guy was makin fishy shapes with his lips. Then they get right next to me and I realized the old lady wasnt a lady at all, she was an octopus! Her tentacles started seepin out from under her long dress. I looked her in the eye and she winked at me. Right then she took off like a jet, with the little guy still in the sack. He didn’t look too good either, kinda green around the edges. I think he was callin for help, but just then mischa appeared outta nowhere like she does sometimes when i’m dreamin real deep.
“Zoe zoe, butter...are you ok, what are you barkin at?”
I do that dream barkin a lot, I guess it’s like snorin. Runs in the family.
I was tryin to tell her about the dream but I got distracted. I heard all the people on the beacch talkin and no two a them was talkin the same language. It was overwhelmin, I got scared, nothin made any sense. Everybody was usin their hands to accent the already confusin conversations.
Mischa and dana thought it all was swell, I have no idea why. Perhaps it fulfilled their desire to brush their tongues, I dont know.
Anyways and thank goodness, there wasnt too much more talkin before someone had the excellent idea of lunch.
“Lunch” I said “why yes, I never  thought you’d ask.”
At the restaurant there were more old men with moustaches, fortunately none a them had any plastic sacks.
One a them did have a little yellow canary in a cage, though. Mischa talked to the bird in the other language she uses. Then the guy who had the bird started talkin to her. After a long time of indeciperable dialog the guy reached over and unlocked the cage door.
The canary came flyin out and landed on the back of a dog who was just passin by, and the two of them ran off down an alley.
Both mischa and the man got real quiet. A waitress brought them some uzies. They sat down clinked glasses and sipped the licorice drinks.
I was like “hey... did anybody remember we came here to eat that thing we  so affectionately refer to as lunch?”
Then, to my delight, my fondest wish came true and a large platter of keftethes (aka meatballs) appeared.
I am still baskin in that light. 
I put that old bad dream behind me. 
Yeah  me and the yellow canary we was free now, released into the universe of  pure pleasure.

So for now,  alas, I must, bid my self, ado.   Later



No comments:

Post a Comment