Tuesday, October 22, 2013

DAY 102 ARMADILLO TUE OCT 22

  

DAY 102 TUE OCT 22 ZOE CAN’T STOP TALKIN

AN ARMED ARMADILLO

HEY, who knew there was armadillos on the planet?
Mischa says she sees em all the time. I am thinkin she is hittin the bottle behind my back, on accounta we are pretty much tied at the hip and I aint never seen one!
Until....last night. And cheez whiz it scared the three sneezes outta me.
We were sittin outside talkin to aunt alice on the phone...and I smelled something unusual, could not make it out....at all. So I got up to have a look around, but Mischa nabbed me and made me stay put on the patio. She dont like me roamin in the backyard at night. She thinks its haunted or somethin. She says there’s snakes and coons and skunks and possums and alligators back there, and they’s invisible at night. I think she needs new glasses, on accounta I can see just fine out there, and I aint seen none a them creatures....well I did see the possum a few times, but he’s harmless. And there is a family a deer that lives back there, but they’s harmless too.

Mischa said now she knows who it was been eatin our bananas. An armadillo! He must not have a very big appetite cause he’s been eatin just one each night for the past two nights. He had his choice of a couple dozen, but he just took one. Kinda sneaky huh? Kinda like that octopus in the san francisco aquarium who snuck outta his tank and ate just one exotic fish, when he coulda had a whole school of em.

Anyways I was sittin there at Mischa’s feet and all a sudden we see this armoured tank slink out from underneath the hedges! He walks right up to my snout!
I don’t think he could see me too good or else he just dint have no fear a strangers. Unfortunately we did not greet him with open arms. Both a us rose about a foot into the air and shrieked real loud. Mischa started pointin at him and screamin somethin like “yo! yo! i  can’t beleive it, there’s an armadilla an armed adillo armyditto armadillo...walked right up to me! wo!”
I guess she was so alarmed she forgot what it was called at first. Also it sounded like she expected ole alice to fly outta that phone and save us or somethin, her bein the older sister and all... But ole alice stayed put and me and Mischa was levitated for a few moments. When we came back down and everybody stopped shoutin, the little armadillo had sauntered right back into the hedges, never to be seen again.

When we went inside and told dana, she was all “you’re kiddin me.. why dint you call me... I never seen an armadillo before!” and she was all incredulous and she kicked the dirt a little under her shoes...but then she had a change a heart and says, “wow! how cool, wish I had seen it!”  Then she smiled insteada kickin the dirt anymore.
Accordin to mischa, aunt dana has an excellent chance a sightin one at any given moment, and that’s what mischa told her too. It made her quite happy.
We all got right into playin some music together, I howled and that went on till round midnight. That’s when mischa brings out that saxaphone and plays ‘round midnight’ by cootie williams and thelonious monk. Me and dana ran for cover at that point.

Hey speakin a cover...I hear pot lids rattlin, this is a good sign breakfast is afoot! So....later gator!




No comments:

Post a Comment