Monday, October 21, 2013

day 101 welcoming committee oct 21 zoe cant stop talkin


Day 101 Mon Oct 21 Zoe Can’t Stop Talkin
WELCOMING COMMITTEE

Good morning in your own bed finally zoe butter butter cream cream sugar sweetie chickie...we have arrived.
And did we get a warm welcome or what? Mischa screeched on the brakes as we turned the corner to our house. Ole dana got jarred and lurched forward, which she was perturbed about for a minute but then pulled herself together and asked politely “what the heck’s going on?”
Mischa started flailin her arms but it took her a while to utter any coherent words. She was excited and out a her body. She spied a collection of her favorite florida birds havin a coffee klatch on the edge of a canal. There was roseate spoonbills, blue herons, egrets, wood storks and a few sea gulls for good measure. She practically knocked me on the floor tryin to get a hold a her camera. I took offense at first, but then regained my composure and  got the hey outta her way. She leapt outta that car and almost got run over by some yahoo who obviously dint share her enthusiasm for nature.
So that was the good news.
The bad news was she werent out there but a few seconds before one a them nasty florida fire ants found its way over to her foot. She was hopin up and down, slappin her foot and swearin real loud. All the while she was clickin away at them birds. And them birds dint take too kindly to her jumpin around and started movin in the opposite direction. Finally me and dana talked her into gettin back in the car. She couldnt say nothin but “Wow!”  over and over again. And then she proceeded to send a picture of them birds to everyone she ever met in her entire life. So we was on the side of the road for quite a while.
Hey the sight of my own house was balm to my soul. I jumped outta the car window so I could run around like a crazy person and check the perimeters. I found squirrels and deers livin in the backyard. I let em all know we was home. The grass was thick and cool and I rolled and rolled in it, pickin up all the local color, so as I could blend.
It dint take em girls too long to empty out the car and then they started circlin the house with pens and papers in their hands. Next thing I knew they was walkin out the door, with no intention of takin me with em. I got to admit I acted hurt, but i wasnt really, I needed a few moments to my self. Them two is chatty and my head was still twirlin from all the drivin and all the chatterin they was doin for the past 1800 + miles.
Mischa said “butter, you got to stay home, cause it is just too hot out there for a pup.” I wagged, put my head down, tucked my little stub of a tail between my legs and sauntered off into the family room. Really that was unnecessary uncalled for drama, and I mighta made Mischa feel bad. I will make it up to her today.
I am one of them pups that was lucky enough to be born  with the self reflection jeans. So I just got up on that couch and self reflected for an hour while they was gone. It’s refreshin really.
Hey speakin a refeshments....Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment