Thursday, October 3, 2013

Day 83 YIkes, which way's east?! and where's the terriers?!



Day 83 Thurs Oct 3 Zoe’s Morning Pages
YIKES! WHICH WAY’S EAST AND WHERE’S THE TERRIERS

OH MAN. I am sleepy this morning! We dint get into bed last night until way too late on accounta some failure to communicate. Also no one was lookin at the map. Seems like we was gettin one phone call after another and the next thing we all knew...we was in the middle of nowhere and headed in the wrong direction!
Nothing drives ole Mischa more crazy than to backtrack neither! But backtrack we did. And I got to admit she dint get too terrible crabby about it all things considered.
One reason was the landscape. Utah it turns out is a surrealistic panarama of undualting geologic phenomena.  I mean we was awestruck for 220 of the 225 extra miles we had to drive. The five miles we wasn’t awestruck was when Mischa broke the bad news to me about them terriors!
That’s a whole other story I’ll get to in a minute.

One thing everybody should know when they come to Utah is it’s got about a zillion acres a wilderness. And it’s quiet! And your ears pop every coupla minutes cause a the rollercoaster mountains. And one minute there’s scrub pines and maple trees and lush green fields and the next minute there aint a piece of vegetation in sight; then the rocks all turn red, then orange, then grey, then brown, then green. And big sculptures crop up outta no where. Then just when you think you’re in the driest place in the universe some big beautiful river runs through the whole scene.
I’m not completely sure Utah is really in merika, I think it could be in outer space. In fact it could be the result of one of them shootin stars fallen down. Maybe this is what becomes a them when the sun rises! Who knew?!

Ok so back to the bad news about the terriors. I knew we was headed for them cause there was talk about it a few weeks back. But, I’s old, I think I said that before, and since I’s old, sometimes I forget things. So I forgot about them dogs! Kosmos and Rio.

Now Mischa assures me that kosmo and I have a long history, and I’m sure as soon as can get a good whiff a him, it’ll all come rushin back to me. Now rio, I do remember on accounta she is the boss of the outfit down there in albuquerque, and there really aint no forgettin about rio. So I got to have a plan in place before I encounter her, or she’ll be all up in my face tryin to lay down some kinda law. What she don’t ever get...is I am peacenik. I do not want to take over her territory or her husband, kosmos. But come to think a it, I guess them terriors is destined to protect their territory on accounta the similarity in the spellin of the two words.
This is all news to me since I got my ipad and I been learnin all about the power of letter formations. I was in the dark before but now it’s all comin to light.
I guess I best adopt an enlightened attitude about them pups now too. After all they’s openin up their home to me, sharin their biscuits and the squeaky toys! Also if I remember correctly Kosmos has a pack a lizards in his backyard and I get to chase em into crevices and bark real loud.
Hey I gotta go. Them moms is pullin out without me! Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment