Sunday, October 20, 2013

Day 100 maria's big jim all you can eat buffet


Day 100 Sun Oct 20 Zoe Can’t Stop Talkin
MARIA’S ‘BIG JIM’ ALL-YOU-CAN-EAT BUFFET

Well well well, imagine our surprise! We was drivin and drivin and drivin until we thought we were gonna explode from drivin. Mischa was gettin real cranky and dana was equivocatin real bad. I myself had my legs crossed and was startin to pant audibly! Finally we took an exit and started down some unpromisin lookin backroad.
Mischa was shakin her head and I was shakin my head cause the prospects did not look good.
We was tired and we was hungry, it was rainin an the traffic was agitatin. I thought I was hearin voices or maybe somebody started speakin in tongues, on accounta we was dead set in the middle of the bible belt...but I coulda sworn I heard Mischa say, “let’s just eat at the wendy’s!”
Ole dana’s head spun around like in the scary movies when a ghost zooms by and ya got to take a second look.
“What did you say?” she asked.
“I can’t take it any longer, we have to stop somewhere.” Mischa whined as she pulled on in to the parkin lot of the fast food joint.
Me personally I was perusin the menu, and feelin like this was my lucky day.
Then dana starts gettin real down and dirty with the gps system and the yelp app, cause prior to this she was bein kinda tentative about learnin how it worked.
And she says “why don’t we just go on down the road to this place called the bistro?”
So, and drat, we pulled outta wendy’s and drove on until we spotted somethin called jim’s. And without further ado we all agreed this was the place, parked the car. breathed air and tried to get our legs to operate.

The sign on the window said, “please pay before you eat.” And Mischa thought this was kinda rude especially since it was the first thing you encountered, but we went in anyway, and paid before we ate. Inside we found, just like the other sign outside said, the 65-item-all-you-can-eat buffet. “Ok wendy, b-bye, I got heaven on earth right here in the all-you-can-eat line.” I said to myself.
I ate pork chops and fried mullet, baked chicken and cabbage with ham!
I had corn bread, biscuits, gravy, french fries, mashed potatoes, rice and hominy grits. The girls had two plates full a green things, plus soup and a rice puddin.
On the way to the table ole mischa looks up and spies...photographs of...the greecian isles! She gets all excited and starts talkin in greek to dana and gesticulatin in big circles. All the patrons start given her the hairy eyeball, but she keeps on at it until the waitress runs on over and says, “are you from greeks too?” The waitress was from one a them russian countries, so her english was sorta hit and miss.... but she was happy to know there was greeks in the place, cause the owner was greek. She ran off and ran back with a lady named maria from sparta.
 Oh them girls was all pleased to find themselves eatin the buffet  prepared by their fellow countryman. And the food kept gettin better tastin and better tastin the more them three talked. I was happy they was yakin away cause I snuck back to the buffet and re filled my plate with ham hocks.
I asked mischa  why the lady called the joint big jim's if her name was maria. She said maria thought a guy named jim would be more attractive to the locals than a lady named maria. 
"More American soundin?" I asked. "Exactement, mon ami!" she said.

When we was all done, we called up ole b to tell her about our good fortune. And as it turned out, me and dana was surprised to learn...it was the anniversary of the time mischa and b started bein married. So they was busy  makin a date to celebrate when they was back together. Dana and I made notes in our ipad calendars so as we wouldn’t forget this for next time. “Dates is important” she told me. “It’s how we remember to remember each other.”

“Oh” I said, “we dogs do that too, but generally, we leave  trails of fragrant notations on blades of grass, cause not too many dogs are as technologically advanced as me.”
Ole dana twisted her snout a little, but then she smiled, patted me and reached into the glove compartment and produced a small lamb biscuit.
Ahhh, to be a pup and to be adored.... hey I gotta go. So see ya later.


No comments:

Post a Comment