Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Day 82 WED Oct 2 SHOOTIN STARS AND PRE FAB EGGS

Day 82 Wed Oct 2 Zoe’s Morning Pages
SHOOTIN STARS AND PRE-FAB EGGS

Good mornin zoe! Despite the great drama, perpetrated by the heavens, I have awoken to yet another day!
What happened last night, unsettled me, and it dint have nothin to do with the glowin town a Kennewick neither.
It was somethin my moms subjected me to.
We was sittin on this bench outside our room and they was starin up at the night sky for an eternity. They called it star-gazin, and had their heads thrown back like they was gonna howl at somethin. It looked awful uncomfortable and they kept tryin to get me to do it too. I dint want to. That dark night sky scares me silly, and them stars is mysterious too, ya never know when one is gonna just end it all and dive right outta the sky. They come streakin right toward ya ya know, like little missles! It’s unnervin! Then right when I think they had had their limit a starin, one a them leaps up and points to the sky yellin real loud ‘’ it’s happening, a shooting star, look look!”  And I am all, “that’s exactly what I was afraid of people, one of them stars goes ballistic on ya and next thing ya know yer dodgin bullets from heaven!” It aint right. “ It aint right” I told em. They looked at me like it was me who was crazy.
Hey give me an extra bright-glowin atomic city any night, you take the fallin stars. 
When we got inside that hotel room Michas phone started honkin and honkin with texts from her wild sister buddies back east. They was all watchin them pixburgh pirates on tvs and hangin outta office buildins and  ridin boats on the three rivers. "It's like a circus over there" I heard her say. Then we turn on the tv and see this gigantic rubber duck floating down the Allegheny River! Mischa thought maybe the Cinicinati team sent it, and it was like the ole Trojan horse routine, wherein the peaceful natives of pixburgh accept the gift from their enemy tribe down river, only to find out the duck's full a evil ducklings and they take over the whole city includin the dang pirates and the baseball game goes straight to hell and back! Or something like that.
But it dint turn out that way...no soirée. All night long them sisters kept sendin them texts and zdenick the bear had a pirates outfit on and ole Pink my cousin had her picture taken with a mitt by her paw, and Mischa made me a cut out mock pirate cap to wear and we sent everybody a picture of that too. SMcB tried taking shot a her pup with a Pom Pom but he got all manned up about it and blurred the shot!

Anyways as the world knows now, them buccos was triumphant, and that rubber duck turned out to be a lucky charm after all. Ain't that just the way it goes sometimes. As the younger generations like to say "it's all good!"
Oh well one last small kevetch before I go. Somebody should let Idaho know that there really is fresh food in the world. Seems like they got hung up on NASA's idea of artificially flavored, processed and preserved for consumption in the next millenium, foodstuff.
This morning we tried ordering a coupla boiled eggs and the waitress she told us "no honey I can't get you no boiled eggs our eggs comes in already made up."
(Very long pause and some scratchin)
"Really?" Mischa said. And that ole waitress she dint think nothin of it, nor did she take any offense neither "yep, they come in already made up, uh huh." And she was just shakin her head up and down and tryin to picture em.
We all was tryin to picture em too. The scrampled ones I think I could see in like a jar or dehydrated flakes maybe and you jest add water...but it was the sunny side ups and the over easies that posed more of a challenge. And you know ole Mischa she is not visually nor imaginatively challenged, so if anybody could picture it right away it woulda been her. But I looked over and she was blank as a door jamb...or somethin like that.
Hey all this breakfast chatter's got me hungry. Later.


No comments:

Post a Comment