Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day 73 GARAGE SALE


Day 73 Mon Sep 23 Zoe’s Morning Pages
THE GARAGE SALE, sans le garage

Well if them people dint start linin up at the crack of dawn just like Mischa said they’d do, I’ll be all about a monkey’s uncle. Except as a girl dog I think I might not be qualified to be a monkey’s uncle. But I sure can be a monkey’s keeper. That screamin monkey Mischa bought me the other day is helpin me make friends with dogs all over the island. It’s irresistible. And that garage sale brought em in from every nook an cranny wherein they was hunkered down. My favorite was a black and white dog named cobalt. She looked spooky, cause you know us greeks is a little leery of anything with them real blue eyes, which she had two prime examples of. There’s a possibility of evil lurkin behind em. Goes back to em turks, but really them days is over. So cobalt looks like she could be real fierce like ole attila the hun, but she was sweet and we played tug a war for a whole hour. Her dad was real cute too and he and Mischa talked about flowers and paintings and grass clippins. Not sure how them topics all related to one and other but that was how the conversation went along and they seemed to be enjoyin just fine.
Ladies came from Germany and France and Canada and Coupeville to see the garage sale. Men came lookin for roto-tillers and engines and books. And women came lookin for nice glasses and drums, bikes and boots. Everybody had a story too so it was more like a party than a garage sale.
Now the only problem I had with the whole things was this...and it may not seem like a big problem to you, but to me ...well I’m havin a hard time with it: We ain’t got no garage. In fact, the first person who came, poor guy... he walked around the yard from buildin to buildin just scratchin his head and turnin his lips in a knot and then mutterin to his lady friend, something indecipherable. Mischa found him wanderin in the chicken coop and called out to him, “hey hello over there, are you looking for the garage sale?”  “Sure em” he told her. “Well, I hate to tell you but we don’t have a garage!”  Then she laughed at her own joke which she does alot, and it does annoy people, cause lots a times it aint really all that funny. Like this time, that old guy he dint think it was so funny.
Plus he was tired a walkin in circles, and was startin to feel kinda foolish. Then she says to him “But we got lots a things for sale in the car port, will that do?” 
B says Mischa likes rhetorical questions and asks them every chance she gets. I’m not sure if that was one, but it was a question that made all the people twist their heads in odd directions and I saw some eyes rollin too.
My problem with the thing is this, if ya go around at 6 oclock in the morning, with a pup who ain’t yet had her breakfast and start nailin up signs all over town announcin that you is havin a garage sale, I think the least you can do is have a garage! Mischa dint see it that way, obviously, cause she went right on doin it.
I guess this is an example of how she exaggerates to make a story more interestin. B don’t like it much when she does that, but she’s learnin to tolerate more an more as the years pass. Basically I think she dont really have no choice in the matter, cause Mischa aint gettin any better at tellin a story straight. In fact if anything I think she’s headin straight in the opposite direction. And furthermore this postin signs about a garage sale is evidence!
I forgive her though. Those signs brung people out on a chilly fall day, and they mingled themselves into new friendships. It wouldn’t a happened if Mischa hadn’t stretched the truth a notch or two. And me an ole blue eyes wouldn’t a met either!
Hey speakin a meetin, I got a date with chicken jerky (which fell  outta somebody’s pocket right into my bowl!)Later!

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com       .   
Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or. Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25.
Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com               or visit us at KARTHIA.COM



No comments:

Post a Comment