Tuesday, September 10, 2013

DAY 60 WHEN ZOE WAS A GURU


Day 60 Tues Sept 10 Zoe's Morning Pages
WHEN ZOE WAS A GURU

Hey, Good Morning to Me. I have to report that my mediation glasses is goin good. Yesterday I had Mischa in a deep relaxation and I didn't even have to pull out my best east indian accent either. Just talked to her in a nice calm voice, and coached her on over into bliss. She got me one a them pillows to sit on to match hers for when she invites me into the quiet place on the third floor. Just a few of us knows its there. We're thinkin if we ever sell the house, we might not even mention it, it's a private space. "And sacred!" she always says. I'm not sure what sacred means but I think it has somethin to do with breathin and god and communion (although I thought that was reserved for catlicks and orthodoxes, but I could be wrong).
We like to light those little sticks a nag champa when we’re in there, or if we’re feelin nostalgic for way back east we light the frankincense on those little blocks of coal. I sort of orchestrate the breathin technique and I get real blissed out and then Mischa starts zonin out and before ya know it we are deep into it. Then some days Mischa pipes in the Dali Lama doin his Ohms.
So it’s kinda like a pajama party for gurus. We got that Ram Das book in there  and the Autobiography of a Yogi too in case whoever’s in there with us has forgotten how to do it. Of course I am there to give private instruction at a moments notice. I love doin it. It’s deeply satisfyin, and it is usually followed by a plethora of biscuits, cause everybody’s in an exceptionally good mood when they finish.

Speakin a good moods...did I mention that B likes nothin better than to have both hands loaded with power tools and a buildin in waiting? I know I must a...
Well B got her heart’s desire and then some today. This morning Mischa put her head in the rectangle only for a short time. I guess there was nothin too interestin in there, or somethin ticked her off, that happens. Anyways she got outta the living room pretty early and went on out to help B hammer and drill and saw and nail for a while. This pleased B to no end. I heard laughin and singing out there for hours. I never heard one a them utter a swear word either. That mighta been some kinda record set right there, cuase as I said...hours passed.
At one point B went in to rouse the niece from late morning teenage slumber. Mischa thought she heard them both talking way down at the house. Next thing Mischa knows...and me too cause I was standin right next to her, somebody’s head’s in the doorway...and it’s talkin!. We sees it outta the corner of our eyes. I got right into some righteous barking. Poor Mischa, who had at the time been holdin one a them nail guns that’s attached to a very loud red beachball, she jumps right up in the air and that gun goes flying outta her hand! She can’t remember if she had the safety on or off, so she is desperately tryin to make the perfect catch when it comes back down. Also she wanted to refrain from killin anyone with a spray of pointed metal spears.
Turned out it was Eva the niece at the door. She said she was makin a point not to scare us...but pass the cheez, she wasn’t too successful.
Anyway I had to remind Mischa to take some nice long deep breaths all the way down into her diarama. “Watch your chakras all light up in a row!” I told her. “Be here now, hon!” I said. “Fear is an illusion!” I reminded her “something we make up to keep ourselves from becoming our full selves.”
She looks over at me after a few minute...“Zoe” she says, “you the man!”
I made like a cute little bow in her direction. Hey is it a sin to dig compliments?
I found my way to the stash of biscuits and I indulged myself. So for now...that is all and everything that I have to report...so....catch ya at the ashram.


http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com       .   Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or     .    Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.

Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com


No comments:

Post a Comment