Thursday, December 18, 2014

Zoes Back, On the Road Dec18 2104

Zoe’s Back, On The Road


Well we headed onto that ferry and Mischa snuck me up onto the deck where dogs aint suppose to go. She said it was the last boat out for a long time and I should join em up top. I am usually down below where there’s a terrible grumbling sound comin outta the belly of the boat. I spend the whole crossin shakin like some kinda possessed pup. I seen it on tv once, these old ladies and their dogs too shakin and cryin and yellin real loud up at god like he was torturin them or somethin. Anyway that’s how it is in the down below so I was real happy to get sneaked onto the deck and wave goodbye.
Once all the commotion was over at the house and we were en route to the swamplands, everyone seemed a bit dizzy. Questions got asked but then it seemed like eternity passed before anyone could answer em properly. Normally on these long road trips we listen to music and sing. But not this time. We did a lot of starin out the front winda, and alot of noddin. Every once in a while Roxy and Laura passed us up in the big aluminum turtle and giraffe truck. They was always smilin and wavin. I started ta think maybe I was in the wrong vehicle, and tried politely to ask if I could ride with the other ladies. I dint get too far. So the three a us stuck it out.

Nobody had much of plan for this trip so we sort of played the whole thing by ear.
Unfortunately it appeared that the whole lot of us had gone prematurely deaf.
So we sorta aimlessly made our way across the continent.
First stop was the Columbia River Gorge. It’s name is beautiful, so we couldn’t go wrong with a visit there. I got a big long walk on the bluff above the river with Mischa.  All the other girls went visitin the ‘art museum in the middle of nowhere’. And olde Elizabeth bought us all some lunch at the cafe.
Mishca aint much for art museums lately, Olde Elizabth says she’s takin an art tantrum. Personally I think it’s deeper than that, but i aint broachin that subject with her til she’s good and ready. I love my head.
After about a million hours, we landed at a real nice hotel, always the highlight of these cross country adventures. Some people went for a swim and some a us just hung out and ordered up room service, put our feets up and took a nice long nap.


Basically speakin, except for the dip into the big gorge, where Roxy and olde Elizabeth went explorin caves. The drive wasnt that excitin, there was some big weight pressin down on everybody. No one could name it, so it just kept on presssin.

One big fun thing we did, was stop to visit the cousins in denver In fact i thought maybe we was gonna move in with them. It was real cozy in there and fun. There was another dog there too, she’s even older than me. So we got to have a nice long chat about gettin on in age and all that.
Oh man I almost forgot..... Mischa calls up the ladies in the truck, and we screech to a halt at this big ranch. I dont know where we was, Texas, Utah, New Mexico, its all a jumble now. But I thought “Egad! we did go to Africa! I hope they aint plannin on dumpin me here!”
There was ostriches and camels and buffalos and emus and cobras, and a blue footed boobie!. I think all the countries in the world maybe tripped and some a there contents landed at this here ranch and couldnt get out.
We ordered vegetarian lunches, as per usual and that was the last time we ate out until we got to Florida. There was a lot a ant acids being passed back and forth I even took one cause I has the hiccups real bad!.  
All to say the ride was long and hard, but we made it!  More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment