Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Zoe's Letter To Pinky: Going To The Chapel Jan 20 2015




Zoe's Letter To Pinky: Going To The Chapel

Pink,
Many moons ago, my mom made a painting called “Going To The Chapel, Probably Not Going To Get Married”. It was 2004, we lived nearby the beautiful city of San Francisco. We applied for a marriage license and received one. But within a few weeks time, our right to marry was revoked.  Imagine that! As far as we knew we hadn’t committed any crime. We had a right one minute and the next minute it got snapped away. But 5,256,000 minutes later (that’s about 10 years), our country has begun to change its mind, state by state. Thirty-six states have agreed and the supreme court is perched to consider making it possible for all gay couples in every state to have equal rights. This means, for all of the gay couples in America, we can ‘wed’ or “make one” with our ( oh what shall I call her: my lover; my friend; my partner; my significant other; my beloved; my soulmate; my girlfriend; my wife!)
Mischa by the way is not the only gay person in our family, we got old Elizabeth and me, Zoe, we’s all that way, whatever way that is. They call it gay, and I’m totally down with that on accounta it just has that good vibe positive spin to it. Although I’m gonna tell you right now, it ain’t been all smooth goin from the get go. But that’s history, and everybody knows all about that. Just like with them people who has dark skin, yeah all their troubles is behind them now too, cause they have been given all their rights too! Hmmm. Well at least we got the paperwork done, now we gotta see if the society can get on board with the idea that we really is all “wed”  all “one” and the same.
Anyways my point bein, The girls has set the date! And the house is a twitter with frissons! Or somethin like that. The family’s been alerted and the cakes been ordered. PS. none a us is wearin a tux! We’re girls! in case you were wonderin.
PPS. Mishca’s asked me to make a new painting for the new occasion, I was thrilled!
Cause that old one a hers is so, 2004!
I got the paul newman special advanced age diet dog food waitin for me. So Later.



Mishca’s story Divine Remembering is at  micheldemetriatsouris2.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment