Thursday, November 14, 2013

Day 125 Zoe’s Winter Nap THE DIFFICULTY OF GETTIN GOOD SHUT EYE

Day 125 Zoe’s Winter Nap
THE DIFFICULTY OF GETTIN GOOD SHUT EYE
Now shut eye, or sleep as it is commonly known is a universal activity. Pretty much all creatures go in for good shut eye. Its primary purpose bein to keep us refreshed and sane. Then there’s dreamin which should never be underestimated, for both its entertainment value and also its psychological insights. As far as I can tell whoever designed us set it up so that shut eye, would happen on a cyclical basis. It would be one of our indisputable routines, like breathin!
That apparently was up until the invention of machines.
Since that time it has been a constant war. A battle being waged in every home across the globe (except where electricity has yet to cross the doorstep).
In my house as I have mentioned and kevetched about on previous occasions, we have many likely noise makin suspects. But by far the most ubiquitous, the most annoying is the vacuum cleaner. It may well do what it says i.e. clean, but in the process it unnerves every pup in its path. In fact it makes neurotic if not psychotic puddles outta us. Why? Because not only is it loud, noisy and pure torture on a dog’s ears...but...IT MOVES! It follows you wherever your’re tryin to go and hide, it’s right behind ya! And sometimes if ya aint careful and if the operator aint careful it snatches things up into itself, like tails, ears, collars, moustaches! I tell ya the invention of the vacuum cleaner was a plot against nature!
Rocket ships don’t make that much noise, and they dont chase pups around the house neither.
They go up circle around, maybe make a pit stop at the space station have a cocktail or two and come down.
But vacuums no they get drug outta the closet at irregular intervals, but always when somebody’s tryin to get the shut eye, and they start. Whinin and buzzin in pitches that dont even really exist. They drive me crazy.
That’s why yesterday I spent the better part of the day outside on the patio with my paws over my ears for extra protection. “A little asylum over here” I said to mischa. And she left me alone.
And it was quiet out there too. Just me and them deer.
When I woke up I was surrounded by a family singin home home on the range. Good news was no antelopes showed up, they can be jittery.
Anyways all that cleanin had a happy endin. It was a total surprise to me, but when the machine in question finally got put back into the closet, the moms ran out the front door and left me all alone! I wasnt prepared for that and it hurt my feelins but I dealt with it and decided to take another nap on my real bed.
I was no sooner snorin than I hear the key in the lock, which is my cue to start barkin, which I did, and hoppin. Next thing I know ole shekina pops her head in the door, and she is loaded down with biscuits for me! No one told me she was comin! What a fortuate turn of events! And shekina she never skimps when it comes to pups so they was the whole foods’ top of line biscuits!
That sure did help put an end to the bad vacuum cleaner memories. Like they always say, life’s fulla ups and downs, gotta learn to ride the waves. Good thing I started stickin my toes in the water, I think I got a lot to learn about surfin...but for now...I hears the first breakfast bell ringin, so....later.


1 comment:

  1. Wonderful site! Glad I come across here it carries good data all in favor of readers actually, I was searching online articles that I can benefit.

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete