Friday, November 15, 2013

Day 126 Zoe’s Winter Nap ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER BEACHWALK


Day 126 Zoe’s Winter Nap
ANOTHER DAY ANOTHER BEACHWALK

I don’t know why we do it, but we do it several times a week. We walk through the dunes and then on the beach. Some of us find this invigoratin and full a visual interest. Others in our party find it downright boneshakin. Why? There is things out there that tests a girl’s nerves.

First there is the ongoing dilemma of the water. Now I gotta admit, I’m slowly climbin over my fear of the water. But it’s against my will that I’m doin it, just sayin.

Water’s cold; it moves in unpredictable ways; you can’t drink it even if you’re facing the ‘final event’ on accounta thirst. There’s things livin it that nobody knows what they is or what they is capable of. And sometimes, but rarely at the beach, alligators come out of it!
Second there’s the hot sand; burns my little foot pads; its full a left over sea creatures that either evacuated their shells or got eatin alive, either way it gives ya the creeps and the shells hurt!.
Third there’s the leerin pit bulls at the dog beach which don’t give no one no solace.
Fourth there’s the crabs! Egads, why do they want to take a leisurely walk amongst arachnids from the deep dark recesses of the ocean? They walk sideways, so ya never know which way to move if you’re tryin to dodge em, which I am forever tryin to do. And if one should decide that you crossed in front of it, they reach out and pinch ya!
Fifth and final...there is the mystery beast. Now here’s somethin that will drive ya straight around the bend. Ya think ya see em, then you’re not really sure. So ya think ya see em again, but wait, was it?....Don’t know.
Then outta the corner a your eye ya spot em again, or did ya? Somethin pops outta some hole and ducks back into another one, in the blink of an eye. It’s a ghost crab, kinda white kinda translucent, on their tip toes! They prance around suspiciously with their arms up in the air in the white sand, white on white, holy mother a saw grass, they are scary! And tryin to elude a ghost is tricky business, let me tell you!
The whole beach experience is a trial, people. Oh how I wish we could wheedle them visits to the beach down to maybe on a week. I could handle that. I am hopin winter might put a dent in their beach walkin interest. One can always hope, otherwise, I might half to see a doctor about my issues with the elements. Because maybe it’s me that’s not right. Oh drat. I never thought a that before!
That’s deep. Deep indeed and causin me to feel a little weak in the knees. I’m gonna need a little re-fuelin to get me through this...so...later. 


No comments:

Post a Comment