Monday, November 11, 2013

Day 122 Zoe’s Winter Nap WOOD STORKS


Day 122 Zoe’s Winter Nap
WOOD STORKS
Who knew birds could be so friendly? They apparently aint like squirrels who is all about teasin people and runnin around like crazy nuts, leapin from thin little tree banches and ridin huge palm leaves to the ground. Birds operate with alot more confidence. I met two wood storks at the park yesterday and they was not afraid a me one iota, nor was they interested in torturin me with any kinda antics.
Mischa took a picture of em for me. Them storks come right up to you and put them long beaks in the ground, next thing ya know they got them selves a tasty morsel. Pretty slick trick. Not only that, one a them poked that ground so many times, she left a hole big enough for me to bury that dang bone in. The one that mischa tried to force on me, the poor little elk antler. Only problem was, ole mischa saw the whole thing transpirin and dug that bone back up.  Cheez pitzzas mischa!
Speakin a pitzzas, we had a slice yesterday and it was good. Mischa scrapes all her cheese off the top and I watch carefully where the excess is deposited. No complaints. Just sayin. I like pitzzas, it’s them bones that got me all in a knot.
But back to them storks...they are kindred spirits with me. I was talkin to em yesterday and they said they can down about 400 pounds a fish durin the breedin season. Now that is some impressive eatin. I dont know much about breedin, but eatin is my specialty. Now the sotrks fancy fishes and frogs but nibblin on insects is not beneath em. That’s what they was after in the park, and all their eatin prayers was answered. Also they was mister and missus, as it turns out them birds is into matin for life. They said they dont have no lawyers in their flock and therefore, cannot get no divorces either. None a them seems to mind much as they spend most a their time eatin, and not too much time disagreein about much.
Well now that sure is different than humans aint it. Dogs too for that matter. We all get into lots a tangles, and we dont mate for life much either. Maybe it has somethin to do with bein able to fly and do acrobatics  thousands a feet up in the sky, while gettin that broad perspective on life down below. Whatever.
All this talk about eatin’s got me cravin a little somethin, so    later!

No comments:

Post a Comment