Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 124 Zoe’s Winter Nap FRENCHY’S Nov 11 2013


Day 124 Zoe’s Winter Nap
FRENCHY’S Nov 11 2013
I guess it’s a requirement or like a rite a passage in this family. Goin ta Frenchy’s restaurant seems to be part of the weekly landscape. And now, mischa is especially pleased to learn that Frenchy opened another joint right next to our favorite beach, and very close to home! Ole b is luke warm on the whole thing but she goes along with it, cause when mischa says the word ‘frenchy’ her whole being lights up like lightening has just struck in the car. That’s what happened yesterday when she made the discovery of the new joint, except it was more like an a-bomb went off she was so tweaked. So there was no question, we was goin there, and that’s what we did.
The girl who stands at the pulpit when ya first get in the restaurant...the one who always looks like she’s preparin to give a sermon except she forgot what she was tryin to say and just says ‘’may I help ya?” instead, that girl greets us with a little glare down at me. And with no beats skipped... mischa blurts out “service dog!” while delivering a smile to the sermonette girl.
Apparently that was like sayin ‘open sesame’ cause the girl waved us on through to a delightful table for three on the deck.
I was thirsty too, and she run right back to us and brung expressly for moi, a lovely and cool glass of water. 
Mischa had a corona and b had an ice tea. Then the groupers started bein discussed. I dont remember exactly when mischa took the first dive off the vegan wagon, but she is eaten up fishes like they’s goin outta style. Ole b even has a bite a one here and there too. Alas and drat though, there is no red meat to be seen, hardly ever. Once mischa had a meatball when b was still in seattle, but that seems like eons ago now. I am settlin for things like potatoes, tortilla chips and breadcrumbs....like that...just tiny morsels of blandness, but...that’s ok...it’s somethin.
That beach was steamy hot today. I had to put my toes in the water to cool off. I made it look like I was tryin to save the mom’s from drownin. They was proud a me for gettin in at all, since I do have a reputation of bein a waterphobe.
Oh pink all yer relatives was out in full force yesterday, just a sun bathin and linin the edge of the water with them big jaws and flashy teeth. Hey I dont mean nothin personal but yer cousins can be kinda off-puttin if ya know what I mean. Mischa said they was remindin her a alligators on the banks a the canals just sittin real eerily still and leerin down at ya. One lady had her pup on a leash that she was just danglin on the edge of her big toe! That scared the all the cheezes outta us, cause the lady weighed about 90 pounds and that old dog weighed about 190. Mischa said 100 a them pounds was in his cheek muscles! B told us to stop worryin so much.
That’s when mischa said “hey let’s go to frenchy’s!”
I guess that was her tryin to turn her negativity into somethin good. That works for me.
Anyways right now it’s coffee-waftin-egg-cookin-toast-poppin-breakfast time at the hacienda...so....later.


No comments:

Post a Comment