Sunday, July 28, 2013

Day 13, 14, 15 July 25,6,7 oops 2013 Party of Two


July 25,6,7 oops 2013   Working Overtime  & Party of Two
Morning Pages  Zoe Haughton Tsouris  Day 13, 14, 15
Well hello to me again and again. I still cannot get over this luxury of the written word.
I think I am going to have to share these morning pages with someone, because after all, I am a social creature, and I do long for connection.
Speaking of connection, I have been doing double duty this weekend.
My mom’s are at that big show in seattle and since I go everywhere they go, I went too. We are up at 6 and on that ferry by 7.
Mischa isn't really growling that much right now but she is muttering a lot first thing when she gets up
and then at the guy in the orange vest on the ferry dock. I saw  her shoot him a bitter nasty side glance last night
when he dropped the bar right as she got to the dock. "I hate being the cut off girl" she said "really hate it".
She even mighta hurt her hand on the sterling wheel when she was beating on it like a drum for a long time while the boat was pullin away.
Then she was pointing and I coulda swore I saw her crying a little as it Kittitas disappeared into thin air.
" I hate being the cut off girl" she told B, once more like maybe no one heard her the first three times.
She said it would be another hour till the next boat, and she was "crazy tired" she said.
Yeah and she’s right on that point. We musta talked to a couple hundred people today. My tongue's sore from all that talkin! My tails exhausted, and I even suspect I got a little bald spot from all those behind the ear scratches I received (true, many were welcome, but many others... not so much).
Anyways them twelve hour days is getting to all of us old gals, we’re just like a  gaggle of whiners floatin on the water at the crack of dawn, tryin our best to adjust our attitudes so as not to continue to put bad vibes out into the universe, in case it should be us that breaks the camel’s back, or something like that…
The saving grace is the biscuit at the ticket window, first thing in the morning and last thing at night. The moms get those big Chinese teas on the way in, and act real calm and collected for a minute while they drink em and stare out at the sound. Mischa’s always sure that today is a day for orcas to come flying outta the water…but just sayin, they pretty much make that declaration  every day that we’re on the water.
I don’t think either of them has seen as much as a fin… if the truth be told. But as B says Mischa’s not first in line when it comes to telling the truth, she prefers to ‘’elaborate’’ ‘’to make the story worth telling’’ she says. And then she always makes sure we remember it was the greeks that invented the novel, or storytelling or the alphabet or kimonas or something like that, and justifies the whole ‘’exaggeration’’, which is what B calls it.

Well the rest of the good news for today is…I got another email! This one was from my cousins in New Mexico!, not old Mexico, the newer one. Mischa says we visited them last October. I think I sorta put it outta my mind cause there really was a pack of dogs there as I remember correctly. And, Pink, if you end up reading this, we know what a pack of dogs does, don’t’ we? That whole what did you eat, smell this no smell this thing ad infinitum. We don’t go in for that too much do we? And then there was them two little terriors, the girl’s the worst…b o s s y. My mom says I have to be nice to all of them cause they are our relatives, and we stick together. But hey, don’t I ever have a say in the matter.
Anyways it was sure nice to hear from Aja, and I can’t wait to go visit with her now, cause it sounds like we might be two of a kind, with regards to our self reflectin tendencies en  all. You never know what a dog thinks until you ask her, and seems like not too many people ask us, so we gotta be as Aretha would say ‘’sisters doin it for ourselves’’ I guess.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, the reason I started this whole thing this morning was to mention the chicken on a stick!, the raviolis Mischa thought were mushroom but turned out to be (real beef!), and the table for three we had at the swell restaurant in bell view. Not sure why but there was no bell outside our window, so i guess they call it that for old times sake or wishful thinkin or somethin.

Okay gotta go, we got new neighbors downstairs and i gotta do a little revelry call  to get them up and outta here.


Remind me to tell you about the clown in the car behind us on the ferry last night. Was that a scary thing or what?  Yes it was.

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com
Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or
Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.
Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment