Sunday, July 28, 2013


Day16 July 28 2013 Zoe's Morning Pages
When Zoe Was A Cowgirl  or Workin Breeds

Godday matey. Had a visit from my old kiwi friend robin and her wife petie last week. Love them accents! You know Mischa and I go to indian restaurants just to hear the waiters lilting in our ears, it is pure bliss, it is better than meditation, it is ecstasy in air. There's plenty of accents we like, french makes you want to swagger a little and smoke cigarettes, chinese is good for crazy rhythms, mexican has them nice soft edges to the letters. But indian! east indian, heaven on earth man.
Mischa gets them books on tape from the big brown truck and the guy with the shorts and biscuits, and often she gets em in hindi so as she can get big doses of that in her ear while she's working!
And when she's workin, you know I'm workin, which was what i wanted to talk about today.
Don't get me wrong I am not gripin, I'm just statin the facts.
I'm getting a little long in the tooth for these prolonged off the island excursions into the real world.
The boat's one thing, i am over the ridiculously loud grumbling noise that comes from its belly. I get it that it eats a lot of fish everyday and maybe some sea anemones and an otter or two and gets the indigestion, cause i get indigestion when i eat the wrong thing too. (Kinda like that really dead rabbit i ate at bridget's house the other day, that didnt really sit too good with me, repeats itself, misha says...).
The expressway i could live without cause the window is mostly up and i cant smell nothin and then i get all disoriented. Then if they put the window down, all kinds of untoward things fly up my nose and into my eyes even though i squint really hard.
And yes sometimes i rest my paw on the window switch and burn out the motor and people cuss at the floor, and fuss with the switch until it all starts workin again.
But it's that tent 8 am to 8 pm...people people people what are you thinking, there has got to be a better way to pull this all together!
If it would help you could hire me out to do some rabbit huntin, or some lassoing, some herdin...i was a cowgirl down in California before we found each other, ya know. I could make us some extra bucks. I was even in a rodeo once in salinas. You know that's Steinbeck country and they got some smart old ranchers down there that'd snap me up in a second to do some cow hand work.
Anything to get us out of the tent business girls, come one, let's get creative here, you're 'artists', we can do better than this.
Like Pink says, I am a workin breed but, my aim is to work smarter not harder. Somehow we got the sentence all turned around, and are fast at it doin just the oppoosite.
Mischa says she feels a lot like a hamster!
Yikes, i could eat a hamster, hope she doesnt turn into one,
that's a road we definitely would not want to go down.
Well I'm off again, got to catch the boat. Goin down down down...

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com
Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or
Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.
Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com


No comments:

Post a Comment