Monday, July 29, 2013



Day17 July 29 2013 Zoe's Morning Pages
Clown in the Car

Hey there zoe, kali mera, as they say. Good morning.
It is grey grey grey here this morning. B says we should be happy about that since we had nothing  but sun for a month now. Like she thinks that is a downer? Me and Mischa’s from the Mediterranean or the subterranean, one or the other, and Mischa says ‘we like it hot’, and we do. We like sun on our heads in the morning, and I myself go in for a big full moon at night too. Wonder where we could live so as to get the full moon more often?
I don’t like charging that black cat in the bushes when it is pitch black out there. It scares me!
What else scares me, you might ask. Well one thing for sure is that big fat clown that popped outta the car behind us on the ferry last night. Egad, I almost had to excuse myself. Mischa was afraid it was that lady who sorta kinda housesat for us last time we went to florida. I’m sure someone told us she was a clown, and none of us liked her all that much either. She scared me too.
So Mischa parks the car on the boat, she happens to glance out the rearview, and all of a sudden I sees her rise up like a foot and a half off her seat. And she was still strapped in too! And she made like a shrieking sound in her snout and turns around real quick. She scared us terribly, flopping around like that outta the blue. ‘’What is it?”  B yells at her…I did too but I don’t really think she heard me. ‘’It’s a clown’’ she says all horrified double-takin and wiping her eyes to make sure.
‘’A clown?’’ we repeat back like people do, for they don’t really know why, but they’re feelin’ kinda dumbstruck, and feelin the need to fill in the gap…
Then Mischa hops outta the car and disappears into the belly of the boat. ‘’She’s leaving us here with this clown’’ I says to B.  ‘’Oh no honey, ‘’ she says, ‘’she’s probably calling the clown police or something, she’ll take care of it, don’t  you worry.’’

And then I sat back down, curled up and conjured up a good long dream of me and Mischa sittin in the yard, just a talkin and laughin and her reaching over and ticklin me a little now and then, both of us slappin our knees like old people do out in the country side, at least in the movies they do that…


Gotta go now, gotta wash that clown outta my coat…

http://www.micheldemetriatsouris.blogspot.com
Zoe's Cards  are $6 each or
Available in boxed sets of 5 for $25 plus shipping.
Write to her mom with your favorites   info@karthia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment